11. Which of the following bodies regulates monetary policy in India?
(A) Planning Commission (B) National Development Council (C) Union Ministry of Finance
(D) Reserve Bank of India (E) None of these (Ans : D)
12. UIDAI stands for–
(A) Unique Identification Authority of India (B) Union of Identification Authority of India
(C) Unique Investigation Authority of India (D) Umbrella Identification Authority of India
(E) Unity Investigation Authority of India (Ans : A)
13. ‘‘World Ozone Day’’ is observed on–
(A) 16th September (B) 16th October (C) 16th November
(D) 26th September (E) 26th October (Ans : A)
14. Which of the following is not a Government sponsored organisation?
(A) Small Industries Development Bank of India (B) NABARD
(C) National Housing Bank (D) ICICI Bank
(E) All are government sponsored (Ans : D)
15. As we all know in India currency market is regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), while “currency futures” are jointly regulated by the RBI and which of the following other banks ?
(A) NABARD (B) SIDBI (C) SEBI
(D) State Bank of India (E) ICICI Bank (Ans : C)
16. Which of the following is NOT a part of India’s Money Market?
(A) Bill Markets (B) Call Money Market (C) Banks
(D) Mutual Funds (E) Indian Gold Council (Ans : E)
17. Which of the following is not correct regarding WTO ?
(A) It officially commenced on 1st January, 1995 (B) It replaced GATT
(C) It is headquartered in Paris (D) It deals with regulation of trade
(E) All of the above (Ans : C)
18. Banks are required to maintain secrecy and confidentiality of customer’s accounts under–
(A) Indian Contract Act, 1872 (B) Banker’s Book Evidence, 1891 (C) Consumer Protection Act, 1986
(D) Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (E) Income Tax Act, 1961 (Ans : C)
19. Which varieity of mango from India was recently banned by the European Union ?
(A) Dasehri (B) Chausa (C) Alphonso (D) Langda (E) Safeda (Ans : C)
20. Which ship was used by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his first defence outing ?
(A) INS Sindhurakshak (B) INS Vikramaditya (C) INS Sagarmatha
(D) INS Harshavardhana (E) INS Vikrant (Ans : B)
21. A bank without any branch network that offers its services remotely through online banking, telephone/mobile banking and inter-bank ATM network alliances is known as
(A) Universal Banking (B) Indirect Bank (C) Doorstep Bank
(D) Direct Bank (E) Unit Banking (Ans : A)
22. target set by UIDAI for issuance of Aadhaar cards upto 2014 is –
(A) 50 crore cards (B) 55 crore cards (C) 45 crore cards
(D) 40 crore cards (E) 60 crore cards (Ans : D)
23. A type of fraud wherein criminals use and innocent persons details to open or use an account to carry out financial transactions is known as
(A) Identity Theft (B) Money Laundering (C) Hacking
(D) Espionage (E) Phishing (Ans : C)
24. Deepak Lathore is related to which of the following sports?
(A) Hockey (B) Cricket (C) Badminton (D) Football (E) Weightlifting (Ans : C)
25. As per the newly released figures India has become the world’s third largest manufacturer of which of the following surpassing USA and Russia ?
(A) Cement (B) Steel (C) White goods
(D) Cars and two wheelers (E) None of these (Ans : D)