1. Which of the following trophies/cups is not associated with the game of Football?
(A) Durand Cup (B) Santosh Trophy (C) Federation Cup
(D) Subroto Cup (E) K. D. Singh Babu Trophy (Ans : E)
2. The Govt. of India is planning to provide an identity card to each one of its citizen with his/ her personal details and identity marks. Which of the following agencies/ organization is going to implement this huge task?
(A) Election Commission of India (B) Peoples Union for Civil Liberties
(C) Unique Identification Authority of India (D) National Committee on Science and Technology
(E) None of these (Ans : C)
3. Which of the following cannot be called a horticultural crop?
(A) Apple (B) Coconut (C) Moong (D) Sunflower (E) Leafy Vegetables (Ans : C)
4. As we all know now every child in the age group of 6-14 years can demand that he/she should be admitted to a school to complete his/ her primary/basic education. Enactment of which of the following acts has made it possible?
(A) Right to Information Act (B) Abolition of Child Labour Act
(C) Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation Act
(D) Competition Act (E) None of these (Ans : C)
5. India and Russia recently signed an agreement so that India can get a supply of Uranium fuel from Russia Uranium is used in which of the following sectors ?
(A) Pharma Sector (B) Transport Sector (C) Agro Industry
(D) Telecom Sector (E) Energy Sector (Ans : E)
6. The Govt. of India recently decided to finalise a big defence deal of ` 45,000 crores for which finally five contenders have been shortlisted. This deal is to purchase–
(A) Fighter jets (B) Radar system (C) Spy rockets
(D) Battle tanks (E) Warships (Ans : E)
7. As per the recent announcement by the Govt. of India about 2200 items from a particular country are now allowed to enter India without payment of any import duty. Which of the following countries will be exporting these items?
(A) Singapore (B) China (C) Pakistan (D) Nepal (E) Myanmar (Ans : B)
8. Union Govt. provides subsidy on which of the following commodities in India ?
(a) Fertilizers (b) Seeds (c) Tractors
(A) Only (a) (B) Only (b) (C) Only (c) (D) Only (b) and (c) (E) None of these (Ans : A)
9. The currency of Italy is–
(A) Krona (B) Franc (C) Ruble (D) Lira (E) Pound (Ans : D)
10. Which of the following countries has been affected by the rise of ISIS terrorist group?
(A) Iran (B) Iraq (C) Libya (D) United Arab Emirates (E) Ukraine (Ans : B)