1. Which of the following taxes was levied on the buying/selling of various commodities on recognized exchanges in India? (It is withdrawn now).
(A) Fringe Benefit Tax (B) Value Added Tax (C) Central Sales Tax
(D) Securities Transaction Tax (E) Commodity Transaction Tax (Ans : A)
2. Which of the following is NOT a banking related term ?
(A) Creditor (B) Outstanding amount (C) Benchmark Prime Lending Rate
(D) Explicit Guarantee (E) Centre Pass (Ans : E)
3. Ricky Ponting who was in news recently is a famous cricketer from–
(A) New Zealand (B) West Indies (C) Australia (D) England (E) None of these (Ans : C)
4. As we all know Govt. is committed to provide employment of 100 days to the rural people in India Which of the acts is enacted for the same?
(A) Competition Act (B) Minimum Wages Act (C) National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
(D) Right to Information Act (E) None of these (Ans : C)
5. World famous tennis star Rafael Nadal is from which of the following countries ?
(A) USA (B) Spain (C) Germany (D) Italy (E) France (Ans : B)
6. Azlan Shah Cup is associated with the game of–
(A) Cricket (B) Hockey (C) Badminton (D) Table Tennis (E) Golf (Ans : B)
7. What is the full form of NFSM, an initiative of the National Development Council of India ?
(A) New Food Security Mechanism (B) National Food Security Management
(C) National Farmers’ Service Manch (D) New Fastest Space Missile
(E) None of these (Ans : E)
8. Financial year in banks is a period from –
(A) January to December (B) May to June (C) April to March
(D) January to April (E) None of these (Ans : C)
9. The navratna status was recently conferred upon.
(A) National Building Construction Corporation (B) Engineers India Limited
(C) Steel Authority of India Limited (D) Bharat Electronics Limited
(E) Both A and B (Ans : E)
10. Which of the following countries has the least Global Peace Index?
(A) Iraq (B) Libya (C) Syria (D) Kenya (E) Congo (Ans : C)